Now that we’re in the thick of winter some people shut down and literally count the days until spring. Others are real snow birds and are out skiing, tobogganing and generally making the most of the cold weather season.
Regardless of what camp you’re in, one thing is for sure – spring is coming and that could mean great changes for you and your family, particularly if you’re ready to move. Spring offers not just a new season but an environment that is ideal for moving into a new home.
Of course for many with existing homes, the decision to move in the spring will greatly depend on your ability to sell your home at a competitive price. A lot depends on your ability to make your home the top choice for buyers in your area.
You will of course want your home to look appealing inside and out. To help you get your home ready to sell, we have provided the following tips.
- Make sure doors, shutters and siding receive a fresh coat of paint if they need it.
- Repair any cracks to concrete or asphalt on your driveway.
- Make sure any shrubs or trees are not obstructing walkways.
- Make sure there is not a lot of equipment or debris in the yard – pack away as much as possible in the garage.
The experts at Realtor.com have put together a great list of tips to get the interior of your home ready for sale and we have shared a few them here:
- De-clutter! Homes that have too much furniture and other objects in a room create a sense of crowding that won’t show your home in its best light. You’ll achieve a sleek, spacious look by removing unnecessary items.
- Get those appliances off the kitchen counter – this will make the kitchen more inviting.
- To make your home more appealing to more prospects, consider repainting colored walls with a neutral shade like beige or off-white.
- Check for cracks or leaks and signs of dampness in the attic and basement.
- Repair cracks, holes or damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint and tiles.
- Repair dripping faucets and showerheads and consider buying attractive towels for the bathroom.
These are just a few quick tips that can help to make your home a show piece that appeals to the right buyer.
For many, the exciting journey to a new home begins after the sale of an existing home. In our next post we’ll begin looking at some of the features of new homes that give them the advantage over resale homes.